Friday, February 4, 2011
How to: Glossy Hair
1) Avoid brushing your hair while it is wet. Brushing hair while wet can damage the hair easily and lead to split ends and dull hair.
2) Use heat protectant products. Before curling, straightening, blow drying your hair, always apply a heat protectant spray. It will prevent your hair from drying out and looking brittle. A great basic heat protectant spray is Tresseme's Heat Tamer Protective Hairspray (retails around $4).
3) Shampoo, Condition, Cold Shot of water. A nice working tip for shiny hair is once you have shampooed and conditioned, rinse your hair one last final time but in cold water. This will help boost the shine!
4) Eggs over Olive Oil. A nice hair mask for achieveing that amazing glossy finish is as simple as eggs and olive oil. Beat together two eggs for short hair, three for long, and add in three tablespoons of olive oil. Coat your hair from root to tip and leave on for 30 minutes. Shampoo and rinse. Eggs contain eleven essential nutrients and are packed with protein. Combine them with olive oil for conditioning and nourishment and you have one amazing hair mask!
5) Dont Wash your hair everyday. Your scalp produces natural oils everyday that keep your hair healthy.By washing these oils out everyday, your are losing the nourishment needed for your hair. When you allow your natural oils to come thru, your hair will absorb it all making it look healthier and shinier!
Hope you liked these tips!
Posted by April aka Appleishis at 10:07 AM