Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What My Family And I Will Be Serving This Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is super near and I couldn't be happier that my family and I will be hosting Thanksgiving Dinner this year! It's only going to be 8 people total so its definitely going to be more of an intimate gathering.(Myself, my 3 sisters, 2 of their boyfriends, mom and dad, and my grandma Lita.) I know a lot of people are still planning their Thanksgiving menu, or maybe you are having a potluck Thanksgiving and are still not sure what dish to bring. To help you get ideas, here is what we are planning to serve for this Thanksgiving:

 1st and Foremost...the turkey.
My mom can really cook it to perfection. She says the trick is simplicity. She washes it, dries it, applies butter inside and out, and sprinkles some salt. Then she wraps it tight with foil to keep it moist. Cook at 300 degrees for 6-8 hours (depending on the weight of the turkey) And most importantly, dont check on it constantly!! Opening the oven disturbs the cooking process. :)



As for the side dishes,
Green Beans
Classic Stuffing














Mashed Potatoes


Try adding some low sodium chicken broth to bring out an even creamier and silkier texture.
Chile Con Queso

My sister Jennifer makes one heck of a Chile Con Queso! Ive been told its really simple, but I still have yet to get the recipe. "__"
Pinto Beans
And Very most importantly....Tamales


No holiday is complete in my household without tamales. As a family full of latinos, we just cant resist! And the funny thing is, living in California, we HAVE to have the tamales coming from our hometown of El Paso, TX, or else is just wont be the same. 




Yummy! AND FOR MY FAVORITE PART, THE DESSERTS!...
Yams with Marshmallows
Pumpkin Pie
Pistachio Fruit Salad (made by yours truly!)

I wish you and your family a Beautiful Thanksgiving!! 
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment